- bought a computer twenty or thirty years ago
- learned BASIC and did fun and productive things
- migrated to Microsoft Windows when it became the defacto standard OS
- found Windows programming languages to be too hard
- stopped programming for a LONG time
- stumbled across Liberty BASIC http://www.libertybasic.com
- started programming again in earnest!
The remarkable thing to me is that Liberty BASIC isn't as simple as the original BASIC interpreters were, but it is still so much easier than VB or Java that it serves as an acceptable gateway back into computing for so many people.